- 1 Everything you need to know about our most popular program
- 2 🌟 How will being a Certified Aromatherapist benefit me?
- 3 🌟 The ACP is so in-depth! Will it be convenient for my schedule?
- 4 🌟 How long does it take to complete the program?
- 5 🌟 What sets Aromahead Institute apart from other schools?
- 6 🌟 Who is the ACP designed for?
- 7 🌟 I’m brand new to aromatherapy. Is Aromahead’s ACP too advanced for me?
- 8 🌟 I’ve been using essential oils for years. Will I learn anything new in the ACP?
- 9 🌟 What if I have questions while I’m learning?
- 10 🌟 Do I need to own all 48 essential oils in the program?
- 11 🌟 What career options are there for Certified Aromatherapists?
Everything you need to know about our most popular program
We get a lot of questions about the Aromatherapy Certification Program (ACP), so I wanted to answer as many as I can at once.
Here we go…!
🌟 How will being a Certified Aromatherapist benefit me?
The aromatherapy profession is booming! Now, more than ever, people are looking for experts who are committed to education and safety. Regardless of how you plan to use your education, you’ll gain the confidence and resources needed to use essential oils to enhance health and wellness for yourself and others in countless ways.
In addition to the in-depth education you’ll get, Aromatherapy Certification shows others that you’ve applied yourself. That you’re dedicated to using essential oils responsibly—based on science and research (instead of confusing or questionable info online).
Your efforts will provide you with added credibility and respect in the industry, especially since our certification program is accredited by industry-leading organizations like the Alliance of International Aromatherapists (AIA), National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists (IFPA), and more!
🌟 The ACP is so in-depth! Will it be convenient for my schedule?
I’m going to let our graduate Leticia Nace answer this one!
“The way everything is laid out and formatted is helping me through, and I am very busy a lot of the time. It has helped me make progress by taking tiny steps.”
🌟 How long does it take to complete the program?
That’s up to you! Some people complete the program in a few months, while others take a few years. Most people graduate in six to nine months.
Take as much time as you need. Once you enroll, the ACP is yours forever, even after you complete the program. You’ll even get updated course material as it’s developed.
🌟 What sets Aromahead Institute apart from other schools?
I’m glad you asked! Aromahead has earned an international reputation for excellence thanks to our high-quality, research-based education, and our warm community.
Our ACP meets the strict standards of the most respected organizations in the industry:
- AIA – Alliance of International Aromatherapists
- NAHA – National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy
- IFPA – International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists
- IICT – International Institute for Complementary Therapists
- AADP – American Association of Drugless Practitioners
🌟 Who is the ACP designed for?
- People who are new to Aromatherapy
- Those who love essential oils, and want to become experts
- Parents or grandparents using essential oils for their family
- Healthcare practitioners (like RNs)
- Natural practitioners (like massage therapists)
- Anyone starting a side business or a new career
- Anyone who wants to use essential oils safely and effectively!
🌟 I’m brand new to aromatherapy. Is Aromahead’s ACP too advanced for me?
Not at all! You’re in a great position, because you’re starting your aromatherapy journey with the highest-quality education available. You’ll be able to side-step years of trial-and-error that so many beginners go through.
🌟 I’ve been using essential oils for years. Will I learn anything new in the ACP?
Our graduate Margaret LaPierre had some sweet feedback to share about this!
“Thank you for putting together this awesome certification program. This is the first program that has great learning tools and really explains the chemical families so one can understand the information… I have taken other courses, have taught aromatherapy and been a practitioner of this modality for 20 years.”
🌟 What if I have questions while I’m learning?
We highly encourage asking questions as they come up, no matter how big or small.
The Aromahead Team is full of experienced, professional aromatherapists ready to answer your questions quickly. In Lesson 3, you’ll be assigned an individual instructor who will work one-on-one with you.
You can also learn so much by hanging out in the Aromahead Forum and chatting with like-minded students and graduates (from over 170 countries!) Amazing friendships start in the Forum.
🌟 Do I need to own all 48 essential oils in the program?
We recommend making as many of the products as you can, since hands-on blending is an important aspect of your learning.
If you don’t own all of the oils, you’ll be able to use what you’re learning to choose effective substitutions. You also have the option to purchase oils by lesson, so that you can spread your supply purchases out over a longer time period and plan your budget accordingly.
Aromatics International has created a discounted Aromatherapy Certification Kit that’s available for purchase all at once, or by lesson. Whether you ultimately purchase the kit from them or not, checking it out can help you plan for what you’ll need in each lesson.
🌟 What career options are there for Certified Aromatherapists?
The Aromatherapy profession is exploding right now—you’re only limited by your imagination. You could…
- Use essential oils in massage therapy
- Support patients with Aromatherapy as an RN
- Help people in hospice with custom blends
- Teach evening workshops about using oils
- Start a side business making natural cleaning products
- Become an author and write a recipe book
- Start a YouTube channel for recipes
- Support children who deal with anxiety
- Teach parents to use essential oils safely for their little ones
- Have a booth at your Farmer’s Market for beeswax-based skin care
Interested in learning more about aromatherapy careers? Check out our blog post.
PLUS, all students and graduates of the ACP receive Aromahead’s online Anatomy & Physiology program for FREE.
We love our students and graduates to be on the cutting edge of aromatherapy.
So you’ll also have ongoing access to new research developments, and to future specialty classes.
Still have questions?
You can also reach out to us at [email protected]. We love chatting with you!
Here’s to your successful journey in aromatherapy!